The Survivor: Edge of Extinction finale is coming up on CBS this Wednesday, and we’re now at the point where one of the biggest questions needs to be asked: Who could win? Who could actually stand atop the pyramid as champion? Within this video, we’re happy to break this down … especially since our view for who could win is slightly different than it’s been in the past.
The criteria, meanwhile, remains fairly the same, and we’ve even boiled it down to a couple of different things — namely, who has the best chance of making it to the end, and then who will actually win if they get there. Obviously, the latter is more important than the former. You can also check out our video below — for more news, subscribe to CarterMatt on YouTube for more and check out our official show playlist.
6. Whoever returns of Extinction – Whoever they are, they’ll be at risk of being voted back out immediately. Devens has an idol, and he will probably play it. They need immunity wins or to get someone from the Gavin/Victoria/Lauren side of things to flip.
5. Julie Rosenberg – She’s still in the game, but at the moment, we just don’t see what the winning argument for her will be. She may not make it to the end, but even if she does, where are the votes coming from, other than Ron? We don’t see how she wins unless there are some big moves coming from her for the rest of the season.
4. Rick Devens – If he makes it to the end, he wins, and he’s got at least one idol to help him get there. He’s still going to have a challenge, but if he can win immunity at final five and find a way to build the best fire possible at final four, you have to think that he’s got a reasonable chance at getting there and bringing this home. Of course, if he loses immunity at final five, he’s gone.
3. Victoria Baamonde – We’ve had her ranked really high for a while and she’s still a possible winner contender. Yet, from what we saw with Lauren last night going through Gavin with her plan, we think that he has more control now — and is probably a bigger threat at the end of the game.
2. Gavin Whitson – If you’re Victoria and Lauren, do you want to go to the final three with him? We’re not sure, and that’s why we could envision him being a possible target before the final tribal … but he could also win fairly easily. He can point to immunity wins and also a really good story that we heard about from the family visit.
1. Lauren O’Connell – We’re shocked at just how little stock she’s getting as a winner contender, given that the weird vote of Aurora actually ended up working in her favor! It’s now more necessary that Gavin and Victoria stick with her and everyone on the jury already knows that she has an idol — she doesn’t need to make a big show of it. She’s also a potential immunity contender and has a lot of original Manu people on the jury.
If you can get some more coverage…
All you have to do is head over here for a full preview of what’s coming!
Who do you think is going to win Survivor: Edge of Extinction? Be sure to share right now in the comments! (Photo: CBS.)