The only case in which any personal information (such as an IP address) may be shared is in the event of damaging or illegal activity. By reading content on the website, you consent to having your cookies stored. Search information will be tracked via analytics.
If there are any questions regarding data use or requests feel free to contact cartermattnews (at) gmail.com and you will receive a response within 72 hours.
CarterMatt is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Contact us at cartermattnews (at) gmail.com if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data and we will gladly assist you.
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject’s rights
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
How we secure your data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We use anonymising and pseudonymising where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
Even though we try our best we can not guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services.
Cookies and other technologies we use
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalized features possible.
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services
- Advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and to your interests. In addition, they are used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They are usually placed to the website by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation. Technology Partners in the field of advertising include Unruly Media, Index Exchange, Google, Inc., Disqus, and Zergnet. In visiting CarterMatt you consent to seeing advertising from these partners.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Data Protection Officer
Representative Contact in the EU
Name: Matthew Carter Email: cartermattnews (at) gmail.com
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +353 57 868 4800
Last modification was made November 14, 2018.
More on Advertising / Personal Privacy
Cartermatt.com does provide advertisement opportunities to companies and there will be advertisements that are viewable on the site. These third party advertisements are not connected to the Cartermatt.com site and they are owned by the independent retailers. We do not endorse the merchandise sold and we do not take responsibility for any companies that advertise through our site. Any advertisements that you click on and subsequently purchase, you do at your own risk and we are not liable. We have no liability for any content or substance of third-party ads.
Please do not post personal information about yourself on our site, no emails, phone numbers or mailing addresses. We are not held responsible for your actions if you choose to do so and we hold the right to remove this content if we find it posted on the site. Do not collect personal information about other users from this site, if you do please note that you will be held liable for those actions and could face criminal charges.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Web site. These companies may use aggregated information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please see: http://www.networkadvertising.
Plugins including Sassy Social Share may work to track individual shares. However, no information from the user is obtained via such practice.
You are using this site at your own risk. We are not responsible for any issues that may occur while you are using the site. Cartermatt.com does not accept any liability when it comes to any loss or damage resulting from the use of our site.
In addition, you shall not falsely publish, distribute, or exploit this web site (along with its accompanying code or data) on any platform for any purpose without prior written permission nor may any user attempt to edit or remove any content or coding on this site. All use of this site must be held in accordance of United States law alongside any local or state laws currently established. Site content cannot be lifted or plagiarized for any purpose.
CarterMatt.com does not accept any unsolicited content or stories or submissions. Any unsolicited content will not be reviewed and any content sent via post will be returned unopened.
If you have seen content on this site that you believe infringes on your copyright rights, please contact us at [email protected] so that we can address the issues.
All rights reserved to CarterMatt.com exclusively. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law. For permission requests, write to the publisher (CarterMatt.com)
Please be aware that the opinions posted by our users are not the opinions of the writers at Cartermatt.com. Comments that are spam, defamatory, name calling or threatening to fellow users will not be tolerated. Comments of such a nature will be removed from the site. Parents should be warned that the comments are not moderated constantly, and that children could stumble upon content they deem inappropriate.
Comments that are removed will not re-appear on the site. No user shall engage in any illegal activity or false impersonation in the comments section, and penalties for such actions will be determined by local and national laws. When it comes to self-promotion, we ask that you remember that the main purpose of comments are to facilitate a discussion. Comments that are solely designed to direct traffic elsewhere will be marked as spam. Do not share any personal contact information on any page.
We will not alter a comment unless there is swearing in it, but we reserve the right to remove any comment at any time without explanation. It is our sole discretion when it comes to whether or not a comment is removed. Know that we are not responsible for the content of comments on the site.
We conduct many polls on our site and we allow readers to vote multiple times. These polls are just for fun and we don’t allow defamatory, or threatening comments to other fans (or to any of the CarterMatt.com staff) on these polls or in the comment section.
Your email address may be stored with your comment, but will not be used for any purpose and will not be shown.
In accordance with the anti-spamming law in Canada (and our own personal stance on spamming), we will never use someone’s email address without permission and add it to our weekly CarterMatt newsletter. The only way an email address will ever been added to receive our newsletter is if a person signs up themselves for the newsletter and provides their email to us for only that purpose. Any emails given to CarterMatt for the intended purpose of being part of our weekly newsletter will not be used for any other purpose, will not be shared, and will not be sold.
GDPR Vendor List
7.ai (successor to EngageClick)
Adobe Advertising Cloud
advanced STORE GmbH
AT Internet (Xiti)
BDSK Handels GmbH & Co. KG
Havas Media France – DBi
Integral Ad Science
MBR Targeting Gmbh
Monotype Imaging, Inc.
Nordic Factory Solutions AB
Oracle Data Cloud
Pulpo (An Entravision Company)
RN SSI Group
Spark Flow, SparkFlow
Specific Media Inc.
Speed Shift Media
TACTIC™ Real-Time Marketing
The Reach Group
The Trade Desk
travel audience – An Amadeus Company
usemax (Emego GmbH)