One week after kicking off our MacGyver season 3 character spotlight series with a profile on the title character, we’re back to talk Jack Dalton!
It really doesn’t take a whole lot of time in order to really figure out why Jack is such a popular character. This is a guy who’s the comedic relief of the Mac / Jack partnership, but he’s also an effective agent when the chips are down, he’s fiercely loyal, and he’s got great individual relationships with many of the characters. We love the mysterious past he and Matty share as well as the father-figure bond that he’s got with Riley.
So what do we want to see for Jack moving forward? Here’s a sample of some of our ideas.
1. More of his past with Matty – We don’t necessarily need to know all of their secrets — yet, it would be at least fun to get some more insight into some of the missions that they worked on and to explore new avenues that we haven’t seen already.
2. Jack before he met any of these characters – What was he like? What made his tick? It definitely does feel like there’s a good bit of ground that can be cultivated there — we’d love to get some flashbacks pretty far back, even if it meant having to cast another actor as a teenage Jack / Jack in his early twenties.
3. Does Jack have any other friends beyond the Phoenix Foundation? – They don’t necessarily have to be friends in the present, but they could be people that he hung out with years ago.
4. Another adversary – We know that Mac has Murdoc, but it’d be interesting to see some sort of recurring villain whose issue was really with Jack more so than anyone else on the team. That could put him in a position where he is forced to stop him or her at all costs.
5. Jack in a real relationship – We know that this is a guy who has a penchant for flirting — yet, we don’t really get to see said flirting really turn into permanent relationships. If the writers ever do choose to go in this direction, it feels like something that they can mine into for at least a few episodes here and there throughout the season.
What do you want to see next for Jack Dalton on MacGyver? Be sure to share right now in the comments!
Meanwhile, remember that you can also like CarterMatt on Facebook for some additional news and information when it comes to the CBS series. (Photo: CBS.)