There is nothing that “Glee” seems to enjoy more these days than getting an opportunity to have some of its male actors take their shirts off, as evidenced by what we saw throughout this past “A Katy or a Gaga” episode. We just more or less saw Chord Overstreet’s Sam do an entire performance of Lady Gaga’s “Applause” wearing no shirt and a set of wings, and now he is going to be shirtless again while also doing an impression seemingly of Fabio. (We do know that Sam loves impressions.)
So what in the world is really going on here? Think of this shot as Sam getting into the world of modeling. This is a part of the “Movin’ Out” episode airing a week from this coming Thursday, where we see some of the McKinley High seniors try to really figure out just what they want to do with the rest of their careers. That is not an easy thing to figure out, so of course we’re not shocked that Sam would try to be a model. Let’s take a second here to count the reasons why:
1. He’s a guy who has already stripped, and clearly has no problem in various stages of undress.
2. He’s a guy who has also taken photos for McKinley High’s calendar already.
3. He has never been the standout vocalist of New Directions, even though he is a pretty good singer.
4. It would be almost poetic if he finds a great way to make his family extremely rich after all they have been through.
5. A model travels often, where he could have an opportunity to share some time with the New York gang, but still keep his new girlfriend Penny Owen.
For whatever reason, we think that it is actually Tina, and not Penny, who is blowing that fan at Sam for this picture. This alone makes us wonder: Just what did Sam do to convince her that this would be a fun use of her time?
Want to dive into some more news related to the world of “Glee”? Then click here to see a preview for this upcoming episode, and let us know: Does Sam have more of a career in modeling than he did stripping? Share below!