Just in case you are wondering whether or not you should give Monday night’s “Castle” episode “Need to Know” a try, why not get a few details from us now before making your decision? This is an episode that we actually prefer more than the two-part premiere, since we’re dealing with a mystery that is a little easier to follow, and there is that right sort of balance between comedy and drama rather than something that feels like a dense piece of cheesecake after three bowls of pasta.
Since we are in season six, we’re going to give you six teasers (which are devoid of any major spoilers) to get you excited to stay up to 11:00 p.m. to watch it; or, to possibly give it a shot over the new, fresh series in “The Blacklist.”
1. The entire murder is geared around a star of a “Saved by the Bell” sort of series called “2 Cool 4 School.” At least one of our series regulars is a major fan and wears the badge with pride, while another chooses to hide it.
2. For those of you who have missed Ryan, Esposito, and Gates, they have have a much larger role this week. Also, you will meet Detective Sullivan, who certainly brings a different energy to the force than Beckett.
3. Nathan Fillion and Stana Katic will share scenes throughout the episode, but in a very different way than what they are used to.
4. There is a reason why Washington is getting involved with the death of a sitcom star, and that will be revealed around midway through the episode.
5. There is at least one character you’ll be clamoring for much more of after this episode is over.
6. You have to make sure to watch the last five minutes, even if you miss some of what happens early. This will help to set the course for what happens next week, and it addresses one of our biggest questions going into season 6.
Want to get a completely different look at “Need to Know”? Then you can watch a video sneak peek for it over at the link here. We’ll have our full review up tonight after the episode airs.