Just how long have Sara Ramirez and Chandra Wilson worked together on “Grey’s Anatomy”? While we could sit here and talk about it in terms of years, it somehow feels more appropriate to put it this way: They have worked together long enough to be more than comfortable finishing one another’s sentences. They are clearly more than comfortable being around each other, and know almost what the other person thinks when it comes to the upcoming season.
With this in mind, there’s so much verbal trading between the two actresses that it’s hard to even really pull a quote from the video interview that the two parties did recently via The Huffington Post. With that in mind, we’ll have to go more towards a list format to explain what the two talk about, all while bearing some enormous smiles on their faces.
1. The aftereffects of the storm from last season, and how there is a mudslide that ends up bringing some firefighters to the Grey-Sloan Memorial Hospital. (This helps to answer the question as to why these people are featured in the two-hour premiere.)
2. How enraged Callie is after Arizona’s cheating, and how she is completely unafraid to let anyone and everyone know all about it.
3. How Bailey is actually in somewhat of a better place following the events with Meredith and her baby.
4. The fate of Chief Webber, and how bad his electrocution was.
5. The interns all getting promotions to series regulars (or at least the ones that are still around).
While these are all serious topics, the ladies keep it light and funny while giving you the scoop. Given how serious and at times depressing “Grey’s Anatomy” is, we almost wish all of the interviews were handled like this.
The show returns with more medical mayhem on Thursday, September 26, and if you head on over to the link here, you can read more about what is going on from a different perspective in Kevin McKidd.