So far, you have likely already heard about some of the actors confirmed to be appearing on “American Horror Story” season 3, including the likes of Jessica Lange, Taissa Farmiga, Evan Peters, Sarah Paulson, and Frances Conroy. Now, we raise the following question: what other actors for the first two seasons should join them?
With that in mind, we’ve come up with a list of five outstanding players from either season 1, season 2, or both who are supremely talented and worth giving another shot to. Our only criteria? We tried to cancel out people, including Chloe Sevigny, Adam Levine, and Jenna Dewan-Tatum, who have full-time jobs elsewhere in the next year and will be next to impossible to maintain. (Some of these other people may have commitments, as well, that are just unannounced at present.)
1. Zacary Quinto – This one, to us, is almost a given. Quinto can play a psychopath with the best of them, but we actually prefer it when he shows off a little bit more of a softer, more tender side. Therefore, we’re hoping to see him play more of an ordinary person this time around, and not someone that gives anyone nightmares.
2. Kate Mara – Considering that “House of Cards” was just released on Netflix, the season 1 actress could have some time … with the operating word here being “could.” With Connie Britton almost surely out of the picture thanks to “Nashville,” she is one of the other very strong female performers from season 1 that would be a joy to see again.
3. Denis O’Hare – Please, can we have more O’Hare in our lives? Russell Edgington is now dead on “True Blood,” and with that in mind we have to imagine that there could be an opening for him.to come back. The great thing about O’Hare is that regardless of whether he is playing a judge, a priest, or a bloodthirsty vampire, he nails it every time.
4. Clea DuVall – “Argo” has helped to make Clea into a hot commodity, and while she was only in about half of this season as the dearly-departed partner of Lana Winters, she was brilliant in every second she was present. Just the scene alone where Wendy had Lana committed is worthy of a return on its own.
5. James Cromwell – Finally, we could not have this list without mentioning the man behind Dr. Arthur Arden. Cromwell we by our estimation the best part of “Asylum” next to Lily Rabe, as his performance was creepy and icky beyond words. He also held the rare distinction of being the only series regular who you never wanted to root for perhaps the entire season, and yet to still be moved by his death is a testament to the actor’s skill.
Who do you want to see back on “American Horror Story” for season 3? Be sure to share some of your thoughts below, and you can also take a look at some bogus rumors out there about the setting at the link here.