Curious to learn the Hawaii Five-0 season 9 episode 20 return date … or to grab some other scoop on what could be coming up during the episode? We’re more than happy to provide you with both!
There’s a chance you’ve heard the not-so-great news already, but in the event you haven’t, here it is again — we’re taking a break from the Ohana for the next few weeks, largely because CBS is forcing us to. It’s an annual tradition for them to take some time off for college basketball, a.k.a. that time of the year where you either obsessively create a bracket or get really mad that all of your friends are obsessively doing so. It’s a process that lasts for a little while, but CBS specifically slots two consecutive Fridays for the coverage.
So when will the show actually return? While still unconfirmed, signs point towards Friday, April 5. For starters, this is when both MacGyver and Blue Bloods are coming back on the air, and given that there are still six more episodes this season to go (Peter M. Lenkov confirmed to CarterMatt recently that there will be 25 in total), CBS can’t just sit on these forever.
The bummer thing is that CBS hasn’t actually released any official info on what may be coming up next … but that’s not stopping us from taking a look ahead!
1. Can we get some McGarrett romance going? – Earlier on this season, we had the return of an ex in Greer who caused him a lot of trouble. After all of that, it’d be nice to at least see the guy have a little more love in his life. It’s almost a no-win situation for the writers and we get that (everyone has their own desired ‘ship), but does that really mean you don’t try at all?
2. Introduce a new Big Bad – It’d be great to see someone introduced who could actually rival Wo Fat in terms of being a threat and a personal adversary to someone in Five-0 — it’s going to be hard to match that character given his standing in his history, but you could still bring in someone around the finale who could recur for the better part of season 10.
3. Get Junior and Tani together already – Seriously, it feels like the right time. They’ve known each other since early on in season 8 and it’s also been more than a year since Danny’s dreamworld prophesized that they’d end up together. We don’t need this to follow the standard CBS procedural that spends five or six years to get a pair of characters together.
4. A big Jerry story – It’s been a while. Also, we’re always going to advocate for more Jorge Garcia given how versatile he is as a performer.
5. Allow Adam to continue to find his happiness – Is there a darker character within this world than him? If so, it’s really hard to imagine it at the moment. This dude’s done some stuff, seen some stuff, and been accused of some stuff he didn’t do. He’s been through a meat-grinder and now, he deserves a chance to actually have some peace and stability.
Throughout the hiatus, we’re going to come bearing some more great updates over at the link here — be sure to keep checking back for more!
What do you want to see when it comes to Hawaii Five-0 season 9 episode 20?
Be sure to share some of your thoughts in the attached comments. (Photo: CBS.)