Even though America’s Got Talent season 13 just ended over on NBC, the spin-off America’s Got Talent: The Champions is not that far off into the future.
As a matter of fact, in this article we’re going to share five things that we know about the spin-off series already, even though we’re sure more information is coming in the weeks ahead. For more thoughts, be sure to check out the video below and subscribe to CarterMatt on YouTube for more.
1. It is set to premiere this winter – Basically, this show is being set up as a competition to air during the months in which The Voice is not on the air. NBC has tried various shows in this spot, but clearly they think that this is the best way in which to bridge the gap. It makes sense, given that AGT is an established franchise.
2. Simon Cowell is for sure on board – While the other judges have not been confirmed just yet, Simon for sure will be there. We wouldn’t be shocked if it does end up being the same panel we get on typical seasons. Personally, we’d love for there to be a judge from an international version of the show every episode — anything to get our spirit animal David Walliams over to America.
3. Filming is actually happening soon – Production on this season will kick off next week — you can actually head over here to read more about how to get tickets. Because it’s being taped, this means that there is no live voting.
4. Contestants are from all over the world – You will see many great acts from the US version of the franchise, but also ones from many other countries. No specific list has been revealed just yet.
5. Champions doesn’t necessarily mean “winners” – Instead, it just means people who have done really well and can be considered champions in some shape or form. Maybe they’re just really successful acts.
What do you think about the idea of this show, and are you excited to actually see it? Be sure to share in the comments below!
Also, remember to like CarterMatt on Facebook to secure some other news and information regarding the NBC show. We will have previews, videos and reviews all season long. (Photo: NBC.)