‘Dancing with the Stars 22’ week 7 rankings: Wanya Morris challenges Nyle DiMarco, Paige VanZant once more
On this past episode of “Dancing with the Stars,” we finally had the predictable boot we all saw coming. Doug Flutie and Karina Smirnoff were sent home, and with that, we have a much more competitive top eight moving forward. There’s no consensus person who will be going home next, and while we’d say that there is a favorite to win, anything can still happen. It’s still early enough that we believe that.
As always, we’re ranking here based on performance quality, scores, voting history, and overall popularity outside of the house.
8. Kim Fields and Sasha Farber (last week: 8) – Kim had a rough week in part doing the Switch-Up just because she got a style that was hard for her and Keo Motsepe to perform due to their height difference. With her fan following in comparison to some other stars, we’re worried about her.
7. Von Miller and Witney Carson (6) – For everyone wondering, we’re just as confused as to why Von isn’t doing better than he is. We don’t think that he’s ever been bad, but at the same exact time, he’s never really dominated, either. That does have to come back to bite him eventually.
6. Jodie Sweetin and Keo Motsepe (7) – For Jodie, we admire her determination, especially with her coming back from an injury this past week. Yet, she still has been in some sort of apparent danger before on this season, so we have to think it’s possible it’ll happen again.
5. Antonio Brown and Sharna Burgess (5) – Not much is changing for Antonio and Sharna, as they continue to perform at a fairly high level. The only reason we’re not ranking them higher for now is that it took them a little longer to get to this point than it did some of the other people here.
4. Ginger Zee and Val Chmerkovskiy (3) – We go back and forth all the time as to if Ginger is a genuine contender, or someone destined to go home right before the finale. She’s a solid dancer, and her biggest asset is probably having an entire morning show that serves as a good promotional platform for her.
3. Paige VanZant and Mark Ballas (2) – Was Paige really in danger of going home this past week, or was the show just playing with our head? It’s hard to say for certain, but the one thing we do worry about with her is just she doesn’t have the story that is as easily-accessible as the two people ranked above her.
2. Wanya Morris and Lindsay Arnold (4) – Wanya seems to be back on solid ground, but it’s still to be seen if he stays there. He’s such a wild card this season for us given that we’re not sure about his fan base size separate from Boyz II Men, but then again, maybe all of the group’s fans are collectively sticking around and throwing votes his way. It’s so hard to figure out for certain.
1. Nyle DiMarco and Peta Murgatroyd (1) – We’re honestly not sure we will be changing the #1 at all this season unless something terrible happens a la Nyle having his worst performance of the season. We do think that his edit this past week wasn’t the best, but all will be forgiven if he displays more of his humble side moving forward.
If you want to see what the remaining Stars are going to be dancing to on this coming week, head over to the link here! Also, sign up over here to get some other TV news on all we cover, sent right over to you via our CarterMatt Newsletter. (Photo: ABC.)