There are few things that we enjoy more on New Year’s Eve than the one-two punch of Kathy Griffin and Anderson Cooper on CNN. These two have been ringing in the new year for several years now on the network, and for our money there is not a better show out there for a few reasons.
1. Anderson’s attempts to keep the show from going off the rails, which Griffin is absolutely intent on doing at just about every turn.
2. Anderson’s giggle every time that his co-host does something inappropriate.
3. The hilarious obsession that the two have with Ryan Seacrest, the one person who actually gets big ratings on New Year’s Eve.
4. The reporters who are stuck covering the more unusual New Year’s celebrations around America.
5. The fact that while all the madness is going on, CNN is still a serious network and there are actual attempts at reporting the news thrown in here.
So when do the festivities start this year? Think 8:00 p.m. Eastern time, and they’ll go until after the clock strikes midnight. We’re going to have as much coverage of the big event as possible, mostly because this is the sort of thing we love to do year in and year out. Really, this is something that we would probably be watching even if this wasn’t our job; we’ve never been the sort to go out and party in freezing-cold temperatures in some areas, so we’ll prefer to sit down with a glass of champagne and enjoy the night with a few laughs on TV.
To see all of our New Year’s Eve coverage right now, head over to the link here! Also, you can sign up over here to get some other TV news on everything we cover via our official CarterMatt Newsletter. (Photo: CNN.)