After watching the new trailer for “Community” season 5, we no longer have any worry whatsoever that the show may not be able to regain some of its magic, even with Dan Harmon back as the executive producer after so much time away. In one simple word, this was funny. Extremely funny. This may be the funniest two and a half minutes that we’ve watched of a show this entire year.
There are so many little wonderful things that are folded in here that it’s hard to really single all of them out … but we’re going to try anyway after we remind you that “Community” returns with an hour-long episode on Thursday, January 2 at 8:00 p.m. Eastern time.
1. Troy insulting Zach Braff for not being grateful to “Scrubs” by staying through the entire season, a hilarious send-up of Donald Glover’s own departure.
2. Walton Goggins inciting one of the greatest Chang reactions ever.
3. Magnitude yelling the most aggressive “pop pop” of all time.
4. The graphic “from the executive producer of ‘Community’ seasons 1-3.”
5. Dean Pelton telling us about a bad Greendale event involving North / South Korea.
6. Somehow, Britta rising to power like she is the dictator of some sort of horrible regime … but then forgetting how her cell phone plan works.
7. Glimpses of both Jonathan Banks and John Oliver, who are each turning in multiple-episode arcs on the show.
All in all, there is absolutely no reason not to love this unless you just hate “Community.” But, if that is the case, you’re probably not reading this article in the first place.
Want to read more news related to the show? Then just click here, where you can see a behind-the-scenes video talking a little bit about how Jeff and the rest of the study group end up back at Greendale.