Another week, and another edition of our “Dancing with the Stars” rankings where we pick apart the remaining contestants. Is there a favorite to win this show? You know it, and it’s someone who we have ranked #1 for the entire season. The only debate this time comes in the bottom of the pack, where there are a number of dancers who could all be in trouble depending on the always-unknown factor known as the viewer vote. Since they’ve hidden behind that dreaded “in jeopardy” label, there really is no telling who is actually in danger, and who the producers are just tricking by putting them there (On a personal note, we like knowing a bottom two, just since it gives fans a reason to rally votes.)
Our rankings, as per always, are a combination of dance ability, personality, edit on the show, and fan base size all rolled into one.
9. Bill Engvall and Emma Slater (last week: 9) – The last two weeks, the worst dancer in the competition has gone home, but we’re now at the point where no one left is really that much further below the other dancers. Therefore, we’re just thinking that the lower scores for Bill is going to be what seals his fate this time around.
8. Leah Remini and Tony Dovolani (7) – If you look at everyone ranked higher than Leah, they’ve all had more iconic dances. It’s as simple as that. We don’t see any huge fansites voting to save her, and Tony’s fanbase can at times be inconsistent. They’re probably safe this week, but don’t be too stunned if something crazy goes down.
7. Brant Daugherty and Peta Murgatroyd (3) – Just based on one weak performance, Brant goes from would-be contender to guy in trouble. He has been left “in jeopardy” a few too many times for us to really think of it as anything coincidental at all. The guy’s not picking up the fans that he needs to in order to win this, and it’s sad since he seems like a nice, likable guy.
6. Elizabeth Berkley and Val Chmerkovskiy (8) – We’re starting to come around somewhat on Elizabeth, and what she’s capable of doing on the show. Why is that? She hasn’t really been in any real danger, and the scores she’s getting are consistently strong. Plus, we hear that she’s returning to her “Saved by the Bell” roots on Monday for a routine that will make fans of that show go berserk.
5. Christina Milian and Mark Ballas (5) – The best thing that Mark could have received was Julianne Hough calling him out. Suddenly, he’s got his fans really rallying for him! Given that we don’t see Christina as someone with just this huge legion of supporters out there, this could be valuable in getting them over the hump.
4. Jack Osbourne and Cheryl Burke (6) – Jack’s big achievement so far this season is not just great dancing (for the most part), but reminding you time and time again that he is someone you want to root for. He’s got the inspirational angle, the comedy angle, and the famous friends angle. It’s interesting that for whatever reason, the Osbournes have avoided the reality TV deathtrap that caught many of the Kardashians and the “Jersey Shore” cast members.
3. Snooki and Sasha Farber (4) – Speaking of the Jersey Shore, we turn to Snooki for a minute. She is a great dancer, and at this point, she really only has one weak performance to her name. That’s not bad at all for this stage in the game. Add to this the fact that she has never felt like she is in danger, and she may be performing far and away better with fans than we ever thought.
2. Corbin Bleu and Karina Smirnoff (2) – Yay for Corbin! He remains likable, remains talented, and remains completely and utterly safe. He’s also the biggest threat to Amber’s reign at the end of the show, and if we are being honest here, he probably is actually the better performer when it comes to pure technical skill.
1. Amber Riley and Derek Hough (1) – But, this is all about votes, and there is still something for everyone with Amber: A great partner, a great dancer, a popular name with famous friends, and an inspiration. She’s also got it going for her that she is coming off an episode of “Glee” that tributes her friend and co-star Cory Monteith.
Who is at the top of your “Dancing with the Stars” ranking? Vote below, and we’ll have some more scoop from the show soon. You can read some more news related to “Dancing with the Stars” at the link here.