Now that we are down to the final five on “Ink Master” season 3 we feel pretty good about the artists that are left… well maybe there’s one exception. While Tatu Baby is a good tattoo artist, her work this season compared to last season has dropped in quality. She has had incomplete tattoos, artwork that just didn’t translate like her Mount Rushmore piece and she also quit the competition a few weeks ago only to be hand held back in by the judges and praised for work that isn’t as good as what we saw her do on season 2.
At this point in the competition she really should be ranked last and going home next, but with the edit, judges comments and obvious favoritism from the producers, we fear that she will be taking out other artists that are actually better then her. This, along with body of work is what we are basing this week’s rankings on.
5. Kyle: Does Kyle deserve to go home this week? No he doesn’t, but even though he’s shown a lot of growth and created some stunning tattoos we see him being the scape goat this week in order to keep Tatu Baby in the competition.
4. Jime: We once had Jime ranked in our number two spot on our weekly rankings, but the past few weeks have shown us that he just doesn’t want to move away from doing new school art when he really needs to. Doing new school art for comic book week and in the proportions challenge made no sense to us and if he does it again in another challenge we can see him going home sooner rather then later.
3. Tatu Baby: We really can’t see her winning the competition based on her body of work this season, but the producers and judges love her, so we see her lasting at least until the final three, maybe even the final two.
2. Joey: He has been the most consistent tattoo artist this season, but is that enough to win? We want to see someone who is consistently good, but who also has room for growth.
1. Joshua: He has been given the villain edit this season, but it’s hard to deny that he has some serious talent behind all of that attitude. Not only is he a great tattoo artist, but he has a lot of finesse while working with the clients to make sure they are getting not only the best tattoo, but also one that suits them. This is a trait that we have only seen out of Joshua and it has proven to help him get this far in a competition, especially when the other artists in power have tried to sandbag him with difficult tattoos. If he can keep up this level of work, he might be the dark horse that wins it all.
Who do you think is going to win “Ink Master” season 3? If you haven’t had a chance to check out the preview for next week’s episode, you can do that here.
Photo: Spike TV