We may as well be honest here when we say that this latest “Dancing with the Stars” ranking is really the least exciting to do. There was no results show this week, so we don’t have that much more to go on other than some scores handed down by the judges that are still not complete. With that in mind, this version will probably be a tad abridged since there’s really not that much new to add, mostly because we already knew all of these people were good dancers before they ever took to the stage this time around.
8. Kirstie Alley and Maksim Chermkovskiy (last week: 8) – Even though Kirstie did not have the weakest individual routine this past week, her body of work is probably the toughest out of anyone that is still left on this season. Does she have a large fan base? Sure, but it’s a lot to expect them to save her every week.
7. Kelly Monaco and Val Chmerkovskiy (3) – The big fall for Kelly is just for one simple reason: she can’t keep up when she has to shoot “General Hospital” and rehearse for this show. She had the worst routine of this past week, and if she continues to fall behind, she will be at a point where she can’t catch up.
6. Apolo Anton Ohno and Karina Smirnoff (7) – It’s almost strange to say given that Apolo is a former winner on this show, but it almost feels as though he is getting lost in the shuffle this season. He’s performing well, but he’s not making a bit splash for the right reasons with anything he does … at least not yet.
5. Melissa Rycroft and Tony Dovalani (5) – Even though an injury could have slowed Melissa down, it hasn’t, and the sympathy vote that goes along with that almost guarantees her another week of safety. We still think it’s doubtful that she wins this competition down the road, but it’s hard to argue against her making it to the final four or five.
4. Sabrina Bryan and Louis van Amstel (6) – For the first time since near the beginning of this season, Sabrina outshined Shawn Johnson as the leading lady of the ballroom this past week. The reason she is not higher, though, is because her fan base has been proven to be smaller than the top three, and she has her work cut out for her in trying to win.
3. Emmitt Smith and Cheryl Burke (4) – Emmitt’s dance is almost like a rock concert in that it seems to have a better effect when you are there versus watching it at home, probably because you get so caught up with his enthusiasm and charisma in person. Technically, he is probably the weakest man left in the competition, but entertainment and a fan following could get him to the finale.
2. Shawn Johnson and Derek Hough (2) – It’s so funny that Shawn, Melissa, and Gilles all come from the same season, mostly because they are all some of the best that this competition has to offer. Shawn is by far stepping it up this season, as she has been entertaining, technical, and also physical in her routines.
1. Gilles Marini and Peta Murgatroyd (1) – It’s a tough battle at the top here, but for whatever reason we just see Gilles having that edge this time around in that he has grown his audience over the past few years, as well as his entertainment value. In between Bollywood and dancing in a towel, what else can this guy do?
Who do you want to see on top at the end of the season? Be sure to share some of your thoughts below, and also view some more “Dancing with the Stars” news at this link.