The preview that aired for Ink Master season 11 episode 14 following Tuesday night’s new episode had many of the more-familiar elements you expected to see in advance. Take, for example, seeing some artists fight with coaches. Christian Buckingham seems ready to get into it with almost everyone at this point, including even someone on his own team in Teej Poole.
At this point, we just think that this is a byproduct of some of these characters spending a rather large abundance of time together. You’re living with each other and tattooing really long hours. By the end of all of this, it’s fair to say that you are really not your true self anymore. You are in this strange sort of tattoo bubble trying to figure out how to keep advancing and one-upping many of your opponents, even though it’s fairly clear that it’s not the easiest thing in the world to do.
So what we want to do at the moment is rather simple: Taking a look at the remaining contestants individually, in order from least-likely to most-likely to win.
5. Amanda Boone – Her cat tattoo was awesome tonight. Otherwise, it’s felt like she’s narrowly escaped elimination for weeks on end now. She is talented, but it just feels like she doesn’t have the consistency of the four we’ve got ahead of her.
4. Tim Stafford – One of the best color artists out there, and probably one of our personal favorites based on likability. Is he really versatile enough to win? That’s not something that the show has necessarily made clear just yet … though we do still love the shirts.
3. Tony Medellin – Easily talented enough to win this season and arguably the most underrated artist. He seems to just be forgotten about because he’s on a team with another super-talented guy who is almost certainly making it to the finale with him.
2. Teej Poole – He’s really just gotten better and better as this season has gone on, and he’s shown that he can do just about anything. We haven’t seen the same crazy-creativity that we’ve got from our #1 contender, but he’s pretty far up there.
1. Tiffer Wright – By far the strongest overall contender when you think about overall body of work. While we understand that he’s had some dips here and there in the season, so did Josh Payne last year. We think it’s mostly a trick in order to throw you completely off the scent.
At the moment, it’s hard to envision a final three that is not Tony vs. Teej vs. Tiffer, though this series has found a way to surprise us in the past. We’ll certainly see if they can pull a rabbit out of their hat once more.
What do you think is going to happen next on Ink Master season 11 episode 14, and who are you rooting for to win? Be sure to share now in the attached comments. (Photo: Paramount Network.)