How could The Good Doctor season 1 finale come to a close? That is a question that we imagine everyone will be curious about over the course of the next week, and as we kick off our CarterMatt Finale Forecast article series today, it’s something we’re more than excited to dive into.
Today, what we’re going to share are five different expectations for this final episode — we’ll also be presenting this discussion in video form later today, so be sure to subscribe to CarterMatt on YouTube in the event you want to see that.
1. Shaun has some sort of setback – You do not experience growth until you experience loss. Maybe it is a loss of confidence or a loss of something tangible — maybe it has to do with new neighbor Kenny, who we’ve learned has a criminal record. No matter what it is, there does need to be a roadblock thrown up in Shaun’s way in order for him to better be able to take some steps forward.
2. Lea returns – While we’re not sure if she could be around permanently given her recent move to Hershey, it’s pretty clear just how much she meant to Shaun both personally and romantically. A return for her would give this season more of a full-circle feeling.
3. An innovative medical case – This is one of the things that The Good Doctor has excelled at this season — finding ways to introduce new avenues of medicine and ideas that we would not have thought about otherwise. There are some things in which the series could do here that could push the envelope and be exciting as a viewer.
4. Introduce a new pairing – While romance is not the main purpose of the show, there is some chemistry between some of these characters and so many of them are single at the moment in the midst of some recent breakups.
5. Will Morgan stick around? – We do think that she has a heart underneath that rough, crazy-competitive exterior. The main question mark at the moment is whether or not this is going to be something that shines through this season or not.
What do you want to see on The Good Doctor finale, and are you expecting some sort of big cliffhanger? Share some of your thoughts right now in the comments!
Meanwhile, you can like CarterMatt on Facebook right away to get some other news when it comes to the ABC series. (Photo: ABC.)