As we start to look ahead now to the new year for the CBS drama, we come bearing a list of things that we really do hope that we get over the episodes coming up.
1. Danny facing more questions regarding his future – We obviously do still want to see Wahlberg’s character with the NYPD moving forward, but you also do have to ask if there could be some difficult decisions coming for him in the future. Just remember that he now has his children to think about now more than ever — Linda is gone and he’s really all they have as a parental figure.
2. Jamie and Eddie have some movement – This has been one of the most frustrating parts of 2017. It felt as though we were getting closer to seeing these two characters come together, but now w’ere stuck with the relationship in a holding pattern again. Why not make the move? We’ve said this before, and we’ll say it again: We don’t think a single fan would care about the show straying slightly from reality if Jamie and Eddie got together and remained partners. It’s certainly okay.
3. A Frank Reagan love interest – Sure, we know that Blue Bloods isn’t a drama, but we remain interested in the idea of Frnak having someone else to spend his life with at this point in his career.
4. A new, notable adversary – We’d say that Thomas Wilder was the last one who turned up who we can really say that we explicitly remember. Blue Bloods needs a few memorable characters here and there as touchstones. They are villains you can look back on and fear! That’s critical for the overall development of the series.
5. A season 9 renewal – We do want to say that this is for sure coming, but you never quite know for certain. We don’t like to count our chickens before they hatch!
What do you want to see on Blue Bloods in 2018? Be sure to share in the comments below right now!