Yesterday, you heard the greatest of Comic-Con announcements when it comes to Outlander: Sam Heughan and Caitriona Balfe are coming!
You can read more details about the panel over at the link here: It’s coming in just two weeks, and it will be moderated by World of Dance host Jenna Dewan-Tatum. We feel like we’ve already handed out some advice for first-time attendees, but here’s one more reminder: Be sure to get around Ballroom 20 early in the day if you want to attend. It may be a big room, but there are going to be plenty of fans interested in seeing the panel.
The announcements that we’re pretty confident you will see include the likes of an official trailer or a behind-the-scenes featurette. Beyond that, the premiere date should come out then if it hasn’t already, given that other premiere dates in September are being announced now — for example, yesterday HBO confirmed the return date for Vice Principals season 2. You may learn more about filming, how certainly characters will be involved, and what’s next for the franchise.
Given that we’re kicking off the weekend today, now seems like the right time to have a little bit of fun. Let’s share some of our biggest Comic-Con dreams — which, for the record, range from extremely unlikely to “never going to happen.” This isn’t meant to be taken seriously. (We wish we didn’t have to make that disclaimer so explicit, but this is the internet we’re talking about.)
1. Tobias Menzies and Sam engage in a mock swordfight in front of the entire crowd. This would just be fun, and these guys have a great sense of humor.
2. Starz announces a season 5 renewal for the show. For the record, we do think that this will happen, but probably not for a while since there’s no reason for it to happen. Our hope is that they could announce it at the end of season 3 airing.
3. The network shows off the first five or ten minutes of the season, and then posts it to YouTube later. (Showtime actually tends to show off premiere episodes on YouTube for free, at least in slightly edited forms.)
4. We get some sort of substantial season 4 casting. This will happen, but admittedly it’s too early for it to happen now unless producers really have a role in mind for someone. Filming for the new season’s not happening until later this year.
5. Someone announces that they’re playing a part in an upcoming superhero movie — hey, it is Comic-Con. Just for fun, we’ve singled out great comic-book roles for all of the different Outlander cast members. Balfe would work as a super-compelling Huntress, and Heughan could be an excellent Carnage from the Spider-Man universe — it’s certainly as far from Jamie Fraser as a role could get. Meanwhile, cast Sophie Skelton as the hero Starfire, Richard Rankin as the Flash villain Mirror Master, and let Menzies play Victor von Doom if the Fantastic Four ever get to be a part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Okay, we feel like we’ve sufficiently nerded out enough for today … but seriously, Balfe as Huntress and Heughan as Carnage. Make it happen, people.
Want more Outlander news?
As always, be sure to head over to the link here right now! (Photo: Starz.)