‘Dancing with the Stars 22’ week 6 rankings: On Nyle DiMarco, Paige VanSant, Ginger Zee, and changes
How much has really changed on “Dancing with the Stars” from one week to the next? It’s an interesting question, and also a fair one when you consider where we are at right now in the season. No one was eliminated on the Switch-Up week, and with that, it’s harder for there to be seismic changes in the rankings.
Yet, we do think that the recent scores are enough to make us move around a few people here and there, including one change in the top 3! As always, we’re basing these rankings on dance ability, scores, voting history, and edit.
9. Doug Flutie and Karina Smirnoff (last week: 9) – We thought last week that Doug was a sure thing to go home, but now, we think there is a little bit more ambiguity here. He did improve with his Switch-Up routine, but we still think that it would be a surprise for someone else to go.
8. Kim Fields and Sasha Farber (7) – Kim had a rough week in part doing the Switch-Up just because she got a style that was hard for her and Keo Motsepe to perform due to their height difference. With her fan following in comparison to some other stars, we’re worried about her.
7. Jodie Sweetin and Keo Motsepe (8) – Jodie is coming off of a really good week. So what gives here with the low ranking? Much of it has to do mostly with the fact that Jodie suffered an injury this past week, and we’re not sure if she will be able to dance.
6. Von Miller and Witney Carson (6) – With Von, not much has changed. He’s still a fun personality, but we question whether or not he is putting everything into winning this. For a competitive guy, where’s his edge here?
5. Antonio Brown and Sharna Burgess (5) – We’d say the same thing about Antonio here, but at the same time we do feel like he’s starting to show more and more of precisely what he can do on the stage. He’s on the rise, and therefore we consider him a threat.
4. Wanya Morris and Lindsay Arnold (2) – Why the drop for Wanya? Well, he’s coming off of a particularly weak performance for him, and we have some minor concerns about whether or not he has an enormous support base to prevent a shock elimination. It wouldn’t happen now, but what about weeks down the road?
3. Ginger Zee and Val Chmerkovskiy (4) – Thanks to Wanya’s own struggles this past week and Ginger’s rise to the top when it comes to scores, we’re starting to see that Ginger really could be the sort of relatable contestant who gets the votes to become a surprise winner at the end of the season.
2. Paige VanSant and Mark Ballas (3) – Not much has really changed at the moment when it comes to Paige, who we think is going to be the frontrunner for the rest of the season. The question with her still remains whether or not she is well-known.
1. Nyle DiMarco and Peta Murgatroyd (1) – Based on what he and Sharna did on this past episode of the show, where else can you put Nyle that makes sense? The quick answer is “nowhere,” since he’s been consistently great almost the entire season.
If you do want to see some other news on “Dancing with the Stars,” including song spoilers for this week, head over to the link here! Also, sign up over here to get some more TV news on all we cover, sent right over to you via our CarterMatt Newsletter. (Photo: ABC.)