“Mad Men” is sadly over following a tremendous run on television, and we wanted to at least be one of the first to share with you some of the thoughts that we had in podcast from!
Below, you can listen to what CarterMatt Co-Founders Matt Carter and Jessa each had to say about “Person to Person,” an episode that really put communication on a pedestal and emphasized its overall importance, whether it be through emotional conversations with strangers (see Don Draper and the man at the commune), or between longtime friends like Peggy and Stan, who started to really see each other in a different way. Ironically, that scene between those two is probably the one part of the finale that we (being Matt Carter and Jessa) are the most down on at the moment.
Some of the far-reaching topics in this podcast include the following:
1. Whether or not we felt like the Coca-Cola brand implementation at the end of the finale was right, and also some of the reaction that Coke has had since to being included in the series finale. For the most part, they are happy!
2. If we actually think that Don Draper is going to be happy, or if this is just another temporary diversion like we have seen so many times before.
3. The respective endgames for many of the supporting characters, whether it be Joan, Roger, Pete, or Peggy.
4. Whether or not there were any characters we really feel like we needed to see in the series finale who were not there.
5. What the cast and creator Matthew Weiner could do moving forward after this show.
Remember, you can head over here to read our full review of the series finale right now in text form! Also, you can sign up now if you want to acquire some other TV updates on everything we cover, courtesy of our CarterMatt Newsletter. (Photo: AMC.)