This week, in the middle of the night, Adult Swim debuted a little something called “Too Many Cooks” that was basically a post-modern experiment on the classic opening title sequence. It starts off simple, and then turns into one of the most bizarre, hilarious, and shocking things ever created.
We’re pretty sure after watching this a couple of times that it is nothing short of brilliance, though it is also aggressively violent at times and probably not for everyone.
Adult Swim took a small risk putting this on the air in the first place, just because it is so weird and such a random thing to devote programming time to. However, it did come on at around 4:00 a.m., when there were not exactly any cooks watching except for maybe a couple of the right people. Since that point, the video below has accumulated more than 250,000 views on YouTube, and it has been featured on the front page of Reddit.
Some of our favorite little moments in here include the following:
- The puppet, who starts out sweet but turns practically into a scene from “Platoon” by the end.
- The insane-catchy song at the center of it.
- The title cards eventually become characters in their own right.
- The entire show eventually becoming a cop show, “G.I. Joe,” and “Star Trek” all within the span of a few short minutes.
- The random ax murderer who turns up around halfway through, when things really start to go off of a cliff.
- Just the names of some of the actors.
In the end, this is worth watching at least a few million times.
What do you think about this video? Share right now with a comment, and head over here if you want to get some other TV updates on everything we cover via our official CarterMatt Newsletter. (Photo via Adult Swim.)