While we did a preview podcast for “Arrow” last week, we’re now back officially with the real deal! This is the first podcast of the fall season, and there is, suffice it to say, a ton to talk about from “The Calm.”
Obviously, hosts Matt Carter and Jessa of CarterMatt try hard to not bury the lede, and they begin with a discussion on the death of Sara Lance. What is their take on the character leaving the show? That is a hot topic, and probably the most controversial part of the podcast.
As for a few other subjects, it includes some of the following:
- Oliver and Felicity. Even though they are great characters and we’re all fans of the romance, did the show handle everything correctly? Was it too rushed?
- The arrival of Ray Palmer on the show, and what his presence could mean for many of the relationships.
- Laurel’s story moving forward, now that she no longer has her sister around.
- All of the great stuff for Team Arrow.
- The arrival of Diggle and Lyla’s child, and what this means for the future of this character.
- Our distaste for the new Vertigo, mostly because it is too much of a retread, and also because of the similarities between this and a prominent Batman villain.
In this podcast, we mention in our discussion of characters we’d like to see a spin-off show about (Harley Quinn!), we mention an article that we published recently on this subject. You can see that right now over at the link here. You can sign up for all of our podcasts on iTunes here, or check them out at our official page.
Also, you can sign up in the event that you want some further TV updates on everything we cover at CarterMatt via our official newsletter.
Photo: The CW