It was not much of a surprise to see Jackie Jennings go home last week on “Ink Master” season 3: She has struggled with her designs (especially anything involving anatomy) and hasn’t been featured much on the show. Now we are into the meat of the competition with only 6 contestants left, but there are still a few that have us wondering how they are still there over some of the other artists that have already left like Craig.
This week’s rankings are based on screen time, edit, skill, overall body of work and obvious producers pets. We’d like to say that it’s also based on judges critiques, but they are all over the place this season and aren’t consistent.
6. Jason Clay Dunn: Jason has gotten the least amount of screen time outside of one episode where they were trying to give him a little bit of a villain edit. Dave Navarro has said that he doesn’t really believe in Jason’s skill as a tattoo artist a few weeks ago so we see him going home next week.
5. Tatu Baby: We actually feel that Tatu Baby should be the next artist to go home based on her work this season, but because she is clearly the producer’s pet we can’t see her leaving any earlier then 5th place.
4. Jime Litwalk: Jime has really dropped the ball recently. He just can’t move away from doing new school and it’s killing him. We understand that he wants to do what he’s good at, but we’ve seen him do other stuff and he’s good at that too. Unfortunately last week’s challenge to create a DC comic super villain really sunk him when he did a new school version of Poison Ivy that looked nothing like her.
3. Kyle Dunbar: Kyle is a strong competitor and he’s been pushing himself more and more every week. If he keeps this up he may actually win this whole thing.
2. Joshua Hibbard: He may be one of the more polarizing contestants on the show and not everyone may like him, but save for one or two bad tattoos he has shown that not only is he a great tattoo artist (we loved his tattoo of Bane last week), but that he knows how to work with the clients and get their idea and his vision to work together.
1. Joey Hamilton: Joey’s tattoo of Cat Woman is our favorite of the season… probably of any season. He’s in a really good spot to win this show as long as he keeps focused and doesn’t let the competition get the better of him.
Who do you think is going to win “Ink Master” season 3? If you are looking for more “Ink Master” news, just check out our preview for next week’s episode here.
Photo: Spike TV