Sunday night’s new episode of “The Amazing Race 22” not only featured one of the greatest fake-outs based on one of the previews ever in the history of the show, but we also had a bonafide superstar: The fake Robert Burns in Scotland that seemingly played no role whatsoever outside of antagonizing the teams while they made haggis during the detour.
As for the fake-out, we were led to believe that team YouTube and the Roller Derby Moms were celebrating getting an earlier flight. As it turns out, they thought they had an earlier flight, and their decision to be content with it rather than continuing to look ultimately cost one of them the race.
1. Max & Katie – Really, this was the second straight near-flawless week for the couple. They’ve really put all this effort into them being these sort of schemers, but we really don’t seem them as all that bad. As a matter of fact, they’re a little bit cooler even than the hockey players with their constant narcissism.
2. Bates & Anthony – The only mistake these two guys really made all leg was having trouble parking at the Pit Stop, though we admit that there were a few moments during the detour that we thought they were breaking the rules by carrying the barrels rather than rolling them.
3. Caroline & Jennifer – Despite some trouble at the awesome bagpipe-related roadblock, they still had so much of a lead over the other two teams (especially with them both being U-Turned) that there was no competition here pretty much at all.
4. Mona & Beth – For the second straight week, navigation really caused trouble for these ladies. It’s a surprise for sure that they managed to overcome that and stay in the game. With that being said, we still think they have no shot at winning.
5. Joey & Meghan – We were genuinely surprised by this one. We thought that Team YouTube had a serious winners’ edit vibe going for them, since they were so positive and likable through most of this. Unfortunately, they were just too slow during the detour, that not even Mona & Beth getting lost could sink them.
What was your favorite part of this week’s episode, and are you happy with the team that advanced? Be sure to share some of your thoughts below, and you can read our full review from this episode over at the link here.