The bad news at the moment is clear — there are no new episodes of The Good Doctor airing until 2020. That’s a long time to wait!
Yet, as we get into the thick of this hiatus, we do have a lot of good stuff to look forward to. Think in terms of some romantic story arcs, important character reveals, and also patients who need the St. Bonaventure Hospital in a pretty significant way.
Want some other news on The Good Doctor in video form? Then remember to check out some of the latest thoughts on what’s ahead below! Once you do that, remember to also subscribe to CarterMatt on YouTube and then view our show playlist. We’ll have more news coming that you don’t want to miss.
In this piece, we come bearing five different suggestions for what should be coming up — at least within the first episode.
1. Carly’s reaction to Shaun’s time away – We do think that she is going to do her part in order to be caring and supportive. That’s who she has shown herself to be so far. Yet, odds are that Shaun is going to tell her a few different things about Lea caring for him and that could make her even more uncomfortable.
2. How does Shaun feel about Lea? – There are reasons for Carly to be concerned. Shaun and Lea shared a deep level of emotional intimacy and he has shown feelings for her before. With that in mind, he needs to figure out what his feelings are now.
3. Will Shaun focus on the job? – There’s a lot on his plate emotionally, and the obvious hope at the moment is that he’s going to find a way in order to still succeed with patients and his surgeries. Just remember that he lost a parent and, even if the two weren’t close, that is difficult for almost anyone to swallow.
4. What other characters will get spotlights? – We saw a lot of Dr. Lim and Dr. Melendez’s story in the first half of the season, in addition to getting a lot of Claire’s emotional journey. With that in mind, we’re hoping that Morgan and Park in particular get more airtime soon.
5. What’s going to happen with Claire? – Even if we don’t see much of her in therapy, it would be nice to see some emotional ramifications for her of that decision to seek treatment.
What do you want to see on The Good Doctor season 3 in 2020?
Be sure to share right now in the comments, and remember to stick around to get some more news regarding the series. (Photo: ABC.)