Who is the best Golden Buzzer act on America’s Got Talent 2019? Within this article, we’ll look at Kodi Lee plus the rest of the field. It may be easy to just assume that Kodi is the favorite, but this is a competitive field with a lot of cool talent. We’ll be ranking them here on the basis of performance quality and also how we project them all to do moving forward in this competition.
Want some more America’s Got Talent video updates? Then check out our take on this subject at the bottom of this article! Once you do that, remember to subscribe to CarterMatt on YouTube and also view our show playlist. We’ll have more updates coming your way soon.
5. Tyler Butler-Figueroa – This was a wonderful choice for Simon’s Golden Buzzer, as the young violinist can be a beacon for hope and positivity for people all over the world. He’s also extremely talented! It’s just hard to be able to rank him higher when musicians don’t often have a chance at winning the show — he could make it to the finals, but that may be the end of his upside.
4. Joseph Allen – We’re torn on Joseph in a couple of ways. He’s not the strongest singer in the competition, and he may not even be the strongest rapper. Yet, there’s something so inspiring about him, he had a catchy original song, and watching him perform is something that puts a big smile on your face. It’s really feast-or-famine with Joseph and it’s going to depend heavily on the sort of stuff that he sings from here on out.
3. Luke Islam – Luke’s voice is undeniably great, and we think that plus also his song choice — doing a lot of familiar songs — will help him tremendously. Given that we’ve seen so many young singers on the show over the years, though, will he be able to stand out enough? That is one of the larger questions that does remain.
2. Detroit Youth Choir – It’s true that a choir has never won this show and the odds aren’t in the Detroit Youth Choir’s favor, either. Nonetheless, we think that the emotional resonance of this performance, coupled with Terry Crews’ speech before hitting said Buzzer, go a long way. They’re memorable and creative in a way that a lot of vocal groups are not.
1. Kodi Lee – If you’re thinking in terms of YouTube popularity, it’s easy to put Kodi here for that reason alone. We think it goes beyond that, though, as he’s got the perfect combination of popularity, genuine talent, experience, and backstory. He’s performed enough outside of the show that he may not get hit with some of the nerves of some of the other Golden Buzzer acts — with all singers, though, it’s going to be about individual song choice from here on out.
For more America’s Got Talent coverage – Head over here to preview the judge cuts round!
Is Kodi Lee, Luke Islam, or someone else your favorite Golden Buzzer?
Be sure to share in the comments! (Photo: NBC.)