What lies ahead for Kensi Blye on NCIS: Los Angeles? We know that she’s a fantastic character, and we know just how much she’s offered to the show since the very first season. She’s a source of toughness, of empathy, and also plenty of heart. She’s probably the most passionate member of the team out in the field and someone who has so much more story to tell.
In so many ways, herein lies the beauty of Kensi as a part of the NCIS: LA ensemble. We’re entering the eleventh season of this show and even still, it feels like there’s a lot of fertile, fresh ground for the characters to walk along. Consider this the jumping-off point for everything we are discussing in this week’s spotlight feature.
To get some video discussion of this subject to go along with the article, be sure to take a look at what we’ve got below! After you do so, remember to subscribe to CarterMatt on YouTube and also view our official NCIS franchise playlist. We’ve got more updates there on a number of different series.
1. Making it through the cliffhanger story okay – This goes without saying, but Kensi and Deeks did find themselves in danger at the end of season 10. We’ve seen them deal with worse stuff, including at the end of this past season, so we’re not altogether shaking in our boots about what they dealt with here. With that being said, though, maybe getting through what they’re dealing with here accelerates other conversations.
2. A talk about their future – These two have had conversations aplenty over the past year and a half about their jobs and whether or not they seem themselves doing this forever. We do think that Kensi is a little more gung-ho to continue being out in the field, and we want to see her fight for this. We like Kensi for her heroism, but also how hard she specifically cares for victims and people who she runs into in need of help. The story last season with the journalist is a great example of this.
3. More of her friends! – How much fun was the wedding storyline last season where we got to see so much of them. It’s such a nice reminder that these characters have lives we don’t often see and we’d like to witness that a little bit more on the show moving forward. It allows for a deeper sense of depth, and to understand further what motivates someone like her.
4. Another pursuit outside of work – We know that Kensi’s been involved with Deeks’ bar, but that doesn’t really change the fact that this is something that was originally his idea. It would be nice for the series to explore something a little bit more that first stemmed from her. That way, we have an opportunity to see more of everything that she wants out of her life.
5. Undercover Kensi – Yeah, we know this goes without saying, but it’s always a blast and we know that it will be once more if we get a chance to see it.
Want to get some more news on NCIS: Los Angeles?
If you head over to this link, you can read our full spotlight that is all about Deeks!
What do you want to see when it comes to Kensi’s story on NCIS: Los Angeles season 11? Be sure to share in the comments. (Photo: CBS.)