Who’s in the best spot on The Voice season 16? If you were to look at the current state of the final eight contestants, you’d probably say “oh, it’s obviously a country singer from Team Blake.” However, the deeper you dig, you more you see that there’s at least a little more variety than that! There are some worthy performances in other genres and with other coaches; as a matter of fact, one of them is the favorite to win!
Below, you can check out our rankings for all of the remaining eight performers. Below that, we’ve also got a video with some more discussion on the subject. For more, remember to subscribe to CarterMatt on YouTube for other updates, and remember to check out our official playlist.
8. Kim Cherry (Blake) – She’s a magnetic personality for sure, but she needed the Save to advance and while she may be unique to The Voice, we’re still waiting for to take on some music that is a little bit more current.
7. Andrew Sevener (Blake) – Of the country crop that he’s got at the moment, he’s probably the most traditional with the cowboy hat and the performance style. Yet, his last couple of performances haven’t fully lived up to the power of the music that he does.
6. Carter Lloyd Horne (Blake) – Another strong singer, though Carter probably has a little bit more crossover appeal than we’re seeing at the moment from Andrew. We didn’t love his cover of “Let It Go” as much as we hoped, but we’ve seen a lot of potential here throughout the season.
5. Rod Stokes (Kelly) – There’s a chance that Rod could break through and make it a little bit further than this spot on the season, but he’s going to need to break through Blake’s country army to do it. Also, he’s going to need another “When a Man Loves a Woman”-level performance and also all of Kelly’s fans.
4. Dexter Roberts (Blake) – He’s a solid country singer with a little bit of soul mixed in there, and he’s also got a pretty good fan base that dates all the way back to American Idol. Even if he’s got a performance that’s just decent, we think that Dexter is set up well to move forward.
3. Shawn Sounds (Legend) – He’s got an incredible, soaring voice, and we haven’t heard him sing something that we haven’t liked so far. Somehow, we still don’t think that he’s getting the respect he deserves from the mainstream, but maybe that will change when we get to the next show.
2. Gyth Rigdon (Blake) – Blake almost always has someone in the top two or three and we’re hard-pressed to think that will be any different this time around. Gyth is the most versatile of his country guys, and he’s someone who we could see being confident and successful in the industry today.
1. Maelyn Jarmon (Legend) – Coming off the performance of “The Scientist,” is there any other place you could put her? She was probably the favorite of many before that performance, but in our mind, that helped to cement things.
For some more news on The Voice…
Be sure to visit the link here, since that’s where you can view our take on the most-recent results show.
Who tops your ranking on The Voice season 16 at the moment? Let us know in the comments. (Photo: NBC.)