We’re back today with another edition of our ongoing Absentia season 2 character spotlight series, and the focus is now on Patrick Heusinger as Nick Durand!
Throughout the first season, the series established Nick as a man constantly in conflict. He struggled with trying to figure out who he loved in the wake of Emily Byrne’s return, and then after that whether or not he believed her story. He was loyal to her at times and adversarial to her at others, but by the end of the first season it started to feel as though he was figuring some things out. He and Alice were working things out as they were expecting a baby together, and they had found a way to bring Emily in effectively to their lives as well as Flynn’s.
So where do we go from here? We do have a few suggestions.
1. How would Emily and Nick work together now? – If the FBI does end up reinstating Emily to be a part of the team, would she be able to effectively handle being out in the field taking on cases? Or, is that more of a recipe for disaster? We could see there being concerns in the Bureau about their history getting in the way of solving kids.
2. The history of Nick and Alice – We’re curious as to what some of their life was like before Emily’s return. Everything seemed fairly stable with them as a family, but was it always that way?
3. What was Nick like before Emily? – We learned a great deal of her backstory via her adoption and so much more in season 1; yet, there are still many mysteries out there when it comes to his own.
4. How being in the public eye impacts him – Because of all the media coverage surrounding Emily’s case, does it limit Nick’s ability to go undercover? We certainly want to see a little bit more of how this could change his job or even some of his psychology.
5. Put Nick in danger and have others work to rescue him – It would be interesting to change things up a little after season 1 put Alice and Flynn in jeopardy. How would Nick react with his life on the line, and would he trust everyone close to him to come to his rescue?
Note that Absentia has not officially been renewed for a second season just yet, but we remain hopeful more is coming.
What do you want to see in regards to Nick Durand on Absentia season 2? Share right now in the comments!
Meanwhile, you can also like CarterMatt on Facebook in the event you want to get some other insight regarding the series. (Photo: Sony.)