Former Hawaii Five-0 star Daniel Dae Kim is an executive producer over on ABC’s The Good Doctor, and we’ve already seen him already bring on board one familiar face from that show in Will Yun Lee. With that in mind, and the fact that he has yet to actually appear on the show himself, is there a chance that there could be some other alumni from the CBS show to appear over here? We do think that there is a great opportunity, given that Hawaii Five-0 has absolutely had one of the best casts, both regular and recurring, in the business for quite some time.
Below, we’ve singled out five Five-0 alum (we’re avoiding people who are series regulars over there) who could play notable parts on the CBS series at some point in the near future.
1. Grace Park – We know that she would be fairly high on the list of people that most Hawaii Five-0 fans would want to see on this show — or any show at all. We’ve been waiting to learn about Grace’s new gig for quite some time and this could be a perfect opportunity for her to shine as a character totally different than Kono — think a vulnerable patient or a by-the-book doctor.
2. Michelle Borth – What if the actress behind Catherine Rollins came on here as a hospital administrator or someone suffering from a rare disease that was impacting their mental facilities? You’ve got a number of different angles in which you could go.
3. Masi Oka – He was already a doctor on Hawaii Five-0 (albeit not exactly one who operated on the living), so it’d be a little more interesting to see him in a different sort of role here — such as a spiritual guru or a therapist who offered advice to the living.
4. Julie Benz – After getting a chance to play Chin’s most-recent love interest on Hawaii Five-0, it would be really fun in a meta sense to have Benz on board here as a new friend of Shaun Murphy’s or a visiting doctor who intimidates even Dr. Neil Melendez.
5. Terry O’Quinn – Okay, this is almost great as both a Lost and Hawaii Five-0 fan. Given his propensity to play rather-sinister roles, we’d love to see him here as someone a little more by the book.
Are there any Hawaii Five-0 actors, whether it be past or present, that you want to see on The Good Doctor? Share below and like CarterMatt on Facebook for even more updates when it come sot the series. (Photo: ABC.)