What are some of the biggest Critics’ Choice Awards 2018 snubs? The nominations were announced on Wednesday, but as is the case for most awards show there are a number of shows and actors who were unfortunately left behind.
You can view the full list of nominations here, but below, CarterMatt wants to talk about what we consider to be, (in no particular order) the six biggest snubs of the entire awards show.
1. Veep – It feels like the critics voting this year just felt like Veep had won so many awards over the years that they didn’t want to give them anymore. As a result of that, they snubbed it across the board in all categories. It’s a shame too, since getting an inspirational speech from Julia Louis-Dreyfus could have made for a beautiful moment on the show. Also, this show is so incredibly funny!
2. Outlander / Sam Heughan – It was great to see Caitriona Balfe get a nomination for her work as Claire Fraser, but what about Heughan’s own masterful performance? What about the show itself? This is a reflection of the Golden Globe nominations from earlier this year. We just don’t understand why Heughan’s work keeps going unnoticed.
3. The Leftovers / Justin Theroux – Damon Lindelof’s brilliant HBO series started off as the ignored underdog; now with it ending it’s still being ignored in the same way. It’s great that Carrie Coon got some love for Fargo, but what about for the almost-perfect finale here? What gives?
4. Will & Grace – Despite all of the buzz around the arrival of this show and discussions about it getting a ton of awards-show love, how did it get only one nomination for Sean Hayes? How did Modern Family get a nod over it?
5. Mariska Hargitay – We know that Hargitay is a long shot given that Law & Order: SVU has been on the air for ages at this point, but her work in “Something Happened” was one of the strongest single-episode performances we’ve ever seen. We feel like we should just prepare to utter this same line time and time again coming up since she’s probably going to be snubbed at a number of other awards shows, as well. Completely mind boggling to us.
6. Kit Harington – Finally, we turn to the Game of Thrones star not getting some love for one of his best seasons to date. We understand the nominations for Peter Dinklage and Emilia Clarke, but why not Kit to go along with them? He killed it this season!
What do you think were the biggest Critics’ Choice Awards snubs this year? Be sure to share below!
Meanwhile, you can like CarterMatt on Facebook if you want to get some more news on this show and others we cover. (Photo: Critics’ Choice Awards.)Love TV? Be sure to like CarterMatt on Facebook for more updates!