For those of you PBS viewers, rejoice! Poldark season 3 episode 1 is going to be airing on the network in a matter of hours. With that, the time feels right to share with you the first of what is going to be a weekly feature here at the same: Five teasers for the upcoming episode!
The first thing to note about this feature is that there are no major spoilers within. We’ll tease things for you, but the goal here is not to give anything major away. Part of the joy that comes with a series like this is allowing you the opportunity to be able to experience the journey and the surprises that come over the course of every hour — at least for those of you who are not altogether familiar with either the Winston Graham source material or the original series that was on the air many years ago.
Still with us? Then let’s dive into our CarterMatt premiere teasers, given that Aidan Turner and the rest of the cast will have their hands full with some of what is coming up for them.
1. Meet Demelza’s brothers – Sam and Drake Carne are two of the new additions to the season, and they will be arriving with a number of specific priorities — some are tied to Demelza, and others are tied to their faith. However, one of them will have a purpose that is a major storyline this season separate from anything we’ve mentioned so far.
2. Humor – There is actually a lot of comedy in this episode, especially when it comes to snide remarks between a few characters. There is still some of the drama you’ve come to know and love, but be prepared to laugh here and there.
3. An attempt to move forward – Ross and Demelza may still have emotional wounds in the aftermath of his infidelity in season 2 with Elizabeth, but they will try to move forward with their marriage.
4. Oh, and then there’s the baby… – As of right now, it’s fair to wonder about Elizabeth’s pregnancy and how this shapes the Ross / Demelza marriage. After all, this is not something that is going to be all that easy for either one of these characters to forget about.
5. One more new character – Morwenna is Elizabeth’s cousin, and like with Sam and Drake Carne, she will enter the series with a very specific purpose … only to realize not too long after this that she finds herself with a very different focus on her mind.
Obviously this is the premiere and it isn’t meant to resolve many of the major stories of the first episode; however, you can go ahead and anticipate it being a great foundation for a wide array of things to come.
What are you excited to see on Poldark season 3 episode 1?
Let us know some of your thoughts/expectations in the comments! Also, click here in the event you want some more insight on Poldark and other shows we cover via our CarterMatt Facebook Page. (Photo: PBS.)