Excited for the Blindspot season 3 premiere to air on NBC? We’re right there with you, but the unfortunate news is that you’re going to be waiting for a long time still. The show is not back until October, but for now, there is still a reason to discuss the premiere episode. Why not? When you’ve got a show that you enjoy, you want to get creative and theorize precisely what is going to happen over the course of the episodes ahead.
If you look below, you can see our full premiere wishlist — the latest chapter in our ongoing series — where we explain what we want to see moving forward.
1. Give Jane and Weller a new beginning – Sure, these two characters have been through a great deal over the course of the series’ run. However, with the time jump and the new location for the premiere (Venice), why not give us an opportunity to see something new for the two parties? We know that they love each other, so we want to see them resolve their differences, including he departure, pretty early on in the premiere.
2. Offer more clues – What’s going on with the glowing tattoos? This is not something that we want to get some answers on right away — but a little bit of information goes a long way! Just start to send us down the road.
3. Is there a Big Bad for the season? – If so, we would like to see him or her in the early going; after all, doing this would enable us with an opportunity to get to know them over the course of the entire season as opposed to just a handful of episodes down the road.
4. Character updates – What is going on with Patterson, Zapata, or some other supporting characters? We do think that the heart of the show extends so much beyond the characters of Jane and Weller, and we do hope that there is some room to give us a little bit of that.
5. Really explore Venice – Let’s face it, given the fact that there are so few shows that get an opportunity to film in this part of the show. We really do want to see Blindspot really embrace this location and play up the locale as much as possible in the premiere. By the end of the premiere, we’ll see just how much Venice is highlighted, but the more we see it, the better off we’ll be!
Unfortunately, NBC doesn’t love to program their Friday schedule with new episodes until you get around to late than October. They like to use the first few weeks for repeats.
What do you want to see on the Blindspot season 3 premiere? Be sure to share some of your thoughts in the comments below!
Meanwhile, you can head over to the link here in the event you do want to get some additional news on what’s coming on Blindspot, courtesy of series star Jaimie Alexander and Sullivan Stapleton. (Photo: NBC.)