Scandal season 7 is premiering on ABC in a matter of weeks, and this season means more than most. It’s the final season for the show! It’s a chance to say goodbye to a series that has been beloved to so many people. The question that now remains is a fairly simple one: How do you tie together so many crazy threads? Well, we’re excited to see how Shonda Rhimes and the writers are going to be shaping this story from here.
Below, what you can see what are our own humble suggestions when it comes to the main question at hand here: How should the show kick off the final season? This is the main question at the center of our Premiere Wishlist series here at CarterMatt, which we are doing for the majority of the month here.
1. Offer some hope for Olivia and Fitz – While they may be TV’s most dysfunctional couple, there is still a good bit to like about the passion that they have for each other. Somehow, despite EVERYTHING that they have been through, we do think that the odds are there that they will end up together. If that’s a case, drop something in the premiere episode.
2. Personal moments for the original Gladiators – Remember when the first season had a more simplistic storyline? We would like to see the show return to that ever so slightly.
3. Less of the conspiracy / shadow government storylines – In our opinion, Scandal started to lose a little bit of its edge when it moved a little bit into the storylines with Rowan and all of the other craziness that came with him the last couple of seasons. He’s a great character, but better in small doses.
4. The new State of the Union – What does the White House look like now, and what will the legacy of the next administration be? This show has always had politics fairly close to the center, and with that in mind, we do need to get some sort of picture of that sooner rather than later.
5. A new jaw-dropper – While we don’t need a ton of these over the course of the season, one right out of the gate would be great. Beyond that, we actually hope that Rhimes looks towards Private Practice, a show that had a pretty incredible final season, as a model for what she should do from here. After all, she delivered some very smart, very effective storytelling here from start to finish that gave you a sense of what the future could hold for all of the different characters.
What do you want to see on the Scandal season 7 premiere, and do you have a wishlist of your own?
Share now in the comments below right now! Meanwhile, if you did miss it, be sure to head over to the link here in the event you want to get some additional news as to what lies ahead via a new preview. (Photo: ABC.)Love TV? Subscribe to our YouTube for video updates!
Want more news? Subscribe to the CarterMatt Newsletter!