What could be coming on the NCIS: Los Angeles season 9 premiere? There are a few different things we know here at CarterMatt. For example, Hetty is going to be missing in action, and the team is not going to have much of an idea as to where she is or what she’s up to. Beyond that, you’ll see the arrival of Nia Long as the new woman in charge in Shay Mosley (pictured above alongside other new character Harley Hidoko). She’s going to do her best to run the team in a way that she best sees fit, and a key component of that will be her trying to shake up the dynamics. She may push to send Deeks back to the LAPD, and depending on what’s going on with Sam following the death of his wife Michelle, there may also be some different dynamics playing out there.
So what do we personally want to see over this episode? In the latest edition of our CarterMatt Premiere Wishlist series, now feels like the right time to start to point much of that out.
1. Don’t separate Deeks from Kensi – While we know it wouldn’t be permanent even if it happened, we think that the dynamic is more interesting having Deeks present, trying to challenge much of what is said by Mosley in terms of his abilities as a valuable part of the team. The give-and-take should prove interesting.
2. At least one happy Densi moment – Hey, they just got engaged! You still can’t make it over-the-top, though, given that so many other characters on the show are hurting and it would be wrong to try and rub that in at all.
3. Find a way to get Sam back on the team – He’ll be living down at the beach separate from everyone, and possibly even separate from his life. We don’t expect this to be easy, but the writers should figure out a way to get him involved sooner rather than later. He can still struggle while still being a part of the team in some capacity. Some good LL Cool J – Chris O’Donnell scenes go a long way.
4. Give us a glimpse of what Hetty is up to – You don’t have to fill in some of the other characters on what’s going on with her, but we can be in the know! This gives us a better sense of what the overall arc and intention for this season is going to be.
5. What’s going on with Nell and Eric? – Try to give these characters a good moment or two; even though they are pictured in the photo above, there still isn’t really all that much that is known about them in terms of what their story during the premiere is going to be. How are they adjusting to Hetty being gone?
What’s at the top of your NCIS: Los Angeles season 9 premiere wishlist?
We want to hear some of your thoughts on that subject below! Meanwhile, to get some more NCIS: Los Angeles news here at CarterMatt, including our take on the first NCIS: Los Angeles season 9 premiere promo, head over to the link here right now. (Photo: CBS.)