The NCIS season 15 premiere is just a few weeks away! Late September is going to be here before you know it, and when it comes to the CBS procedural, hopefully that comes with some interesting developments for Mark Harmon’s Gibbs and the rest of the cast.
If you recall, the 14th season of NCIS ended in a pretty dramatic cliffhanger, as both Gibbs and McGee (Sean Murray) found themselves trapped in Paraguay without any sort of tangible way to escape. Months have passed, and the photo above is what the two characters are going to look like after months away from the team (and seemingly also a razor). It’s a different struggle that lies ahead for these two, and CBS has also confirmed that both Vance (Rocky Carroll) and Torres (Wilmer Valderrama) are going to find themselves in a position where they have to testify in front of Congress as to what happened.
Beyond all of this, what do we want to see? This is our NCIS season 15 premiere wishlist (the latest in our ongoing CarterMatt Premiere Wishlist series which you can check out over here) and we have a few solid suggestions.
1. Let Gibbs and McGee have a creative escape – Maybe take a page from another CBS show in MacGyver and feature the two trying to get super-creative in how they get out of their predicament. We’d ultimately love a hybrid rescue where they figure out a way to break free on their own, only to then have the rest of the NCIS team sweep in at the last minute and ensure get get safely home.
2. Give Clayton Reeves some good material – Now that we know that Duane Henry is in the first episode, why not utilize him to the fullest and allow him to do some action sequences? You’ve got a guy who is tailor-made for this sort of stuff, and he could be essential to the rescue mission.
3. Revisit Vance’s political aspirations – We saw this explored last season, but it’s hard to imagine that him heading to Congress will keep some of these sentiments dormant. If he was ever to run for public office, we do think that he’s got the resume, and the status as a hero, to fair rather well. With this being said, we’re not altogether sure that we want to see this happen given that it would mean less of Vance around the office.
4. Some sort of Delilah update – Maybe Margo Harshman is not in the premiere episode, but one way or another it does benefit us to hear a little bit about her! At least offer up a sense of where she is and how she’s faring in the midst of her pregnancy. McGee being away for much of it has to be impossibly tough on her.
5. Check-ins – Given that many months have transpired between the end of last season and the start of this one, it would be nice to know how characters like Abby, Jimmy Palmer, Ducky, and Bishop are all doing. Even if it’s just a throwaway line, let them have a moment in the sun.
Do you have anything special on your own NCIS season 15 premiere wishlist, and how do you think that this season is going to begin? Let us know in the comments! (Photo: CBS.)