Tonight, “The Night Shift” aired two hours of drama, and they packed a serious punch from pretty much start to finish. Sure, there were some funny moments here and there, but at the same time there were serious matters such as what was going on with Drew and Brianna.
We can tell you that this story will continue in the two-part season finale, but you’re not going to be seeing the episode for a little while. Due to NBC’s coverage of the Olympics, the show will not be returning for new episodes until we get around to Wednesday, August 24. “Emergent” is the title for this hour, and we can offer up right now a few assorted details regarding what is coming up:
1. Scott and Jordan are going to try to assist a rescue mission outside of the city. There’s a wildfire quickly spreading, and with that of course comes danger for everyone — including the doctors.
2. Topher is going to look for a buyer for the hospital — but we’re not sure that is going to be easy for him to find.
3. Jennifer Beals is going to be returning as Syd, and there will be a major humanitarian crisis that she finds herself involved in.
4. There will be some further drama between Shannon and Paul, and this time it will be over how to treat a patient.
5. Medication is going to disappear, and of course we are curious to see what happens next.
Let’s hope hope that at some point around the finale, we’ll start to hear something about season 4. We’ll have updates as soon as they are out there!
If you are inclined to get some other news when it comes to “The Night Shift,” including our reviews of tonight’s new episodes, be sure to head over to this link! Also, sign up over here to secure some other TV news on everything we cover, sent right over to you via our official CarterMatt Newsletter. (Photo: NBC.)