At this given point in time, there are too many “America’s Got Talent” acts to rank! That is something we will have a chance to get further into a little bit later this season. For now, we did want to present at least our take on the five Golden Buzzer acts this season.
While many of these acts are great, it’s hard to say that they are altogether diverse when it comes to style. You have four singers, and then a 90-year old burlesque dancer who got the buzzer more for the sake of a great TV moment that giving it to someone who will actually stand a chance of moving on to the finals this season. There is some variance within there still, and that does make this list relatively easy to rank.
5. Dorothy Williams (Nick Cannon) – No question Dorothy is last. Her act really wasn’t that entertaining, but she seemed like a sweet person and someone who’s waited a long time to be able to have a shot at stardom. A nice moment, but she’ll be in the rear-view mirror come the end of the season.
4. Laura Bretan (Mel B) – Laura was very good, and is largely just victim now of being a talented young opera singer coming off the heels of several other talented young opera singers on the show. She really needs to come up with a way to separate from the pack.
3. Sal Valentinetti (Heidi Klum) – Sal is the biggest wild card of this group, given that his personality is almost his talent just as much as his voice is. He’s going to have to buckle down now, and really get people to focus on his voice more so than who he is as a person.
2. Calysta Bevier (Simon Cowell) – Calysta has a tremendous voice, and is helped by two other factors, as well: A super-inspiring story, and having the support of Simon, whose approval carries a lot of weight on this show.
1. Grace VanderWaal (Howie Mandel) – Through the audition round, she’s our pick to win the whole show. The audience ERUPTED after her audition in a way that we have very rarely seen on this show. She has incredible talent, but more than that originality in a field full of sameness. We know why Simon made the Taylor Swift comparison.
Who is your favorite Golden Buzzer act through this point in the competition? Vote below, and check back tomorrow at this link for an exclusive interview with comedian Adam Grabowski from this past episode! Also, sign up over here to get some other TV news on all we cover, sent right to you via our official CarterMatt Newsletter. (Photo: NBC.)