The big final of “Britain’s Got Talent” is coming your way this weekend, and of course there are many questions surrounding who will win! We don’t have the answer to that, but we can at least give you where we think everyone stands.
So what is our criteria? We’d say first and foremost performance quality is at the top of the list, and following that, we’re basing these on past votes, voting history in past finals, whether there are similar acts, and overall upside.
12. Mel & Jamie – Lovely duo, but really are here because the first live show was incredibly weak. We think Jack Higgins, Tumar KR, and other acts who finished in third place elsewhere would’ve beaten them.
11. Boogie Storm – Really fun, but after seeing Stormtroopers dance twice, isn’t the gimmick a little bit dried up? We just don’t see a victory happening.
10. Shannon & Peter – Their wild-card status will give them a slight boost, but it won’t be substantial enough to give them much of a chance.
9. Balance Unity – He’s a really fun dancer, but he didn’t win his first show, and with other dancers of equal skill in this live show, some of the votes are going to splinter off.
8. Jasmine Elcock – She’s a rather talented young lady, but unfortunately, she’s performing in the same final as Beau Dermott. This is definitely working against her.
7. Alex Magala – While we’d love to see it, we just don’t envision that a danger act like this has much of a chance in the final since there are so many people who will never vote for it.
6. Trip Hazard and Lucy – We’re giving this act a pretty good placement given that it’s a wild card; the reasoning there is that dog acts have done well in the final before, and it will benefit from singers / dancers canceling each other out.
5. Craig Ball – Have we seen the best that he has now? We were somewhat surprised that he won his live show; while we love the talent, we worry that we’ve seen the best at this point similar to Boogie Storm.
4. Wayne Woodward – Another surprise winner of his night, Wayne’s clearly got a following. We just haven’t seen enough to see that he is an artist as opposed to a guy who does a really great impersonation of Frank Sinatra.
3. 100 Voices of Gospel – Choirs have a real knack of making it really far in the show and not winning. These guys are sensational, but at the same time, we wonder if they will really unite Britain behind them when a gospel choir is not necessarily revolutionary.
2. Beau Dermott – A tremendous young singer who is endearing and has the full support of Amanda Holden. It’s easy to picture her winning, provided she gets the right song and the right spot in the final.
1. Richard Jones – We personally feel like Richard is coming off of the best performance of anyone, and he’s also got going for him the fact that he’s a young, good-looking guy, and there is no other act like him. He’s who we are favoring going into the home stretch.