“Grey’s Anatomy” is now at an end for the season, and with that, we’re now on hiatus for probably a good four or so months until season 13 premieres on ABC. That’s a long hiatus, but if you’ve been watching this show for all of this time, it has to be something that you are reasonably prepared for.
So while we already know one thing about the new season in that Sara Ramirez is departing, what about the rest of the cast? In the wishlist below, you can at least check out now what some of our personal hopes are for these characters moving into the future.
1. Some juicy drama with Meredith, Riggs, and Maggie – Sure, love triangles are pretty tired, but we like this one since it’s somewhat adult. For example, Riggs isn’t trying to lead anyone on, and doesn’t seem to have any idea that Maggie is into him. Meanwhile, Meredith doesn’t want to hurt her sister by telling her about what happened between the two, but she’ll have to figure that out.
2. Let Owen and Amelia be happy – Given how many unhappy couples at the moment exist within this world, why not allow there to be at least two who are enjoying married life? While we didn’t see the two read their vows to each other in the finale, we’re assuming that the wedding happened.
3. Give April and Jackson hope – We don’t want to see them suddenly romantic once more after everything that the two have been through, but it certainly wouldn’t hurt if there were some steps taken by the show to get the two back in the right direction. Having a child seems to have brought them closer together than they were in much of season 12.
4. Get out of this Alex – Jo bind FAST – This cliffhanger was clearly the worst, since the whole “it’s not what it looks like” with Jo and Andrew has been done on so many different shows.
5. A meaty Richard Webber story – James Pickens Jr. has been around the show since the beginning. Therefore, this character really deserves some meaty material to tackle moving forward.
Want to get some other news right now when it comes to “Grey’s Anatomy”? Then be sure to head over to the link here right now! Also, sign up over here to secure some other TV news on all we cover, sent right over to you via our CarterMatt Newsletter. (Photo: ABC.)