‘Dancing with the Stars 22’ week 9 rankings: Nyle DiMarco, Ginger Zee, Wanya Morris fight to make finals
We’re at the point now on this “Dancing with the Stars” season where we’re starting to feel like almost anything can happen. All five of the remaining performances have received some very good scores from the judges, but with a double-elimination looming, only three will make the final round. Viewer vote is going to be more important than ever before, and that is something that we have a harder time gauging at the moment.
Still we do our best in this latest edition of show rankings, while also considering such other things as performance quality and score history over the course of the entire season.
5. Antonio Brown and Sharna Burgess (last week: 5) – First and foremost, mass kudos to Antonio for managing to surpass every other football star on the way to getting to the top 5. While we have seen a Pittsburgh Steeler in Hines Ward win the show before, we feel like he was 1) a bigger name and 2) on at a time when football fans rallied behind people on this show more. His scores have also been slightly lower overall this season.
4. Wanya Morris and Lindsay Arnold (3) – Wanya unfortunately just picked a time to have a bad week, and there’s really nothing more significant behind his ranking than this. If his audience remembers his earlier performances and scores, he could still have a shot at this.
3. Paige VanZant and Mark Ballas (4) – In part, Paige’s strength here is consistency, and also Wanya having a rough week. We still have questions about the size of her base, but really cannot question her overall ability. She should be in the finale based on dancing alone.
2. Ginger Zee and Val Chmerkovskiy (4) – Ginger right now may be the person with the most momentum given her recent perfect scores, but we still see her struggling in the final against someone like Nyle. Still, we think that the power of the ABC synergy goes a long way, and that publicity may have a huge pool of fans waiting to vote for her.
1. Nyle DiMarco and Peta Murgatroyd (1) – It’s interesting because traditionally, models have not done that well on this show. We just don’t know how, when you look at both his dancing and his inspirational story, people do not want to get behind him in some sort of substantial way.
If you do want to get some song spoilers for this upcoming “Dancing with the Stars” episode, head over to the link here right now! Also, sign up over here to get some other TV news worth dancing over via our CarterMatt Newsletter. (Photo: ABC.)