‘Downton Abbey’ season 6, episode 9 (series finale): Teases for Laura Carmichael – Jim Carter stories
On Sunday, March 6, the end is finally going to be here for “Downton Abbey” fans in America. It’s a strange / crazy thing to think about given that the show probably could have gone for another few seasons in the event that the powers-that-be had really wanted to make this happen.
Alas, the end of the series means the end of our teaser articles. The show is not airing tomorrow night thanks to the Academy Awards, but we still wanted to publish this over the weekend to give everyone a little bit of time to truly get hyped for what is coming up!
1. There will be some great resolution for the story of Anna, and it should be reflective on everything that we’ve seen her go through over the course of the series.
2. Meanwhile, Edith is going to have a chance to get some sort of forward movement when it comes to her story.
3. Robert starts to understand that there is no more waiting for the future; it’s here, and he has to be aware of how to much the estate forward.
4. Mr. Carson has one of the night’s more emotional moments, as he is impacted greatly by something that you would not expect.
5. Thomas will get some sort of direction for the future after struggling in some really dramatic ways.
6. When you remember that this special originally aired on British station ITV on Christmas Day, it will suddenly feel very appropriate to many of you out there precisely the way in which this series concludes. Have a hankie ready.
Interested in getting some further news on all things “Downton Abbey”? Then be sure to head over here, and sign up now to secure some other TV news on all we cover, sent right over to you via our CarterMatt newsletter. (Photo: ITV.)