We are getting closer and closer to the halfway point of “Downton Abbey” season 6 airing in America, and come Sunday night, the opportunity will be truly here to see the aftermath of Mr. Carson’s and Mrs. Hughes’ big wedding day. Of course, in true “Downton” fashion you also will have a chance to see that there are still a dozen or so things going on.
We’re not going to spoil anything major for American viewers in this article looking to enjoy some old-fashioned TV rather than the NFC Championship Game and/or “The X-Files.” With that being said, we are here with our customary six teases as to what to expect from start to finish:
1. Joanne Froggatt and Michelle Dockery each get some strong material in this episode, and let’s just that matters of the heart and of family are front and center for each of them.
2. Baxter may have thought that her past history, which we have learned a thing or two about so far, is behind her. However, she is now about to learn that there is still so much more trouble that she could find herself in unless she offers up some details.
3. Following his return to Britain, Tom Branson will waste no time showing what he can do.
4. There will be an audition of sorts for Thomas Barrow, but will he be capable of fully proving himself?
5. One important detail regarding Carson and Hughes’ marriage will be resolved, at least in terms of how they will continue working at the Abbey.
6. Yes, the hospital story is far from over. We assume that not everyone will be pleased.