‘Downton Abbey’ season 6, episode 1 (PBS) preview: Teases on Michelle Dockery – Joanne Froggatt stories
America has certainly waited long enough to see the season 6 premiere of “Downton Abbey,” but come Sunday, the wait is finally over! Your favorite characters are returning to PBS for one final season, and “celebration” is the theme that the publicly-funded network is going for.
The premiere is going to air starting at 9:00 p.m. Eastern, but if you tune in before it airs and stick around afterwards, you’re going to get a three-hour block of programming all about the series and Julian Fellowes’ world. It is a way to dive even more into the series than ever before.
We’ve already viewed the entirety of the season in Britain, and we’re not so keen on spoiling any of it here for American viewers. Therefore, we’re going to do something within this article series that we really enjoyed doing in the past: Presenting you with six simple teases of what to expect! These are delightful hints meant mostly to get you excited for what comes next.
1. At least two characters are finally going to put a long-discussed story on the show to rest.
2. For another character, they will have to deal with ramifications of something that happened a little more recently.
3. Michelle Dockery will have some great moments as Mary works to prove to her father that she is capable of more responsibility around the estate.
4. Violet will be front and center for a story about a hospital, one that will last for some time.
5. While Mr. Carson and Mrs. Hughes are seemingly the happy couple, there are some concerns that could put their wedding plans on hold.
6. Joanne Froggatt and Brendan Coyle have certainly played a variety of highs and lows as Anna and Bates; suffice it to say that this will continue.
If you do want to get some other news when it comes to “Downton Abbey,” be sure to head over to the link here now! Also, sign up over here to score some additional TV news on everything we cover, sent right to you via our CarterMatt Newsletter. (Photo: ITV.)