The second season of “Outlander” is still in production, and unfortunately, is also still really far away from premiering on Starz. Luckily, we continue to have praise in our heart for the network, the producers, and the crew for continuing to give us a variety of updates through the Droughtlander process. It helps to make matters so much easier!
Over the week, show executive producer Maril Davis was kind enough to do a Twitter Q&A session, and we thought that for your convenience, we’d summarize some of the most insightful answers into this article.
1. As speculated over the weekend, Maeve Foley is working on the show, but not as an actor. This was a rumor that spun out of control over the past week with many websites reporting false information.
2. Production is going to continue on the second season until the New Year, which means that everyone better have their coats to prepare for a Scottish winter!
3. As a whole, Dragonfly in Amber has proven to be a rather tough challenge to adapt.
4. Diana Gabaldon, per Davis, wanted to wait to write a script until the second season of the show.
5. As of right now, the cast and production are working on episodes nine and ten.
6. Production will remain for the rest of the season in Scotland.
We feel like Starz is probably going to go more into overdrive with their promotional campaign for the show at some point early next year, using the premiere of “Black Sails” potentially as a platform to help unveil new footage and teaser promos. We’re speculating on this based on how many other premium networks have used their shows as platforms to promote other properties.
One way or another, we’ll be here with other updates every step of the way!
If you want to get some other great TV scoop on all we cover, plus some exclusive teasers here and there, be sure to sign up now for our CarterMatt Newsletter! (Photo: Starz.)