Sunday night, the third episode of “Downton Abbey” season 5 is here, and we’re here with another set of customary teasers for this episode. There are no major spoilers, but stop reading now if you want to go into watching the new season completely cold.
This episode is going to be one of the strongest of the entire season, mostly because of all of the romance playing out in it. There are reasons to be hopeful for some characters, and reasons to be fearful for others. Some romances are wanted, some are unwanted, and some are buried deep in the past. If you watch this show for great character interactions, then you are probably going to love this one.
1. Lady Mary (Michelle Dockery) takes a trip, and the results of it could change the course of the rest of her life … at least when it comes to romance.
2. Lady Edith (Laura Carmichael) may no longer be in the middle of a fiery bedroom, but there are going to be moments in this episode where she feels like her heart is on fire.
3. Right when it thought that the death of Mr. Green was tucked and buried away, a few events are coming that could very much change that.
4. Remember the name of Prince Kuragin. He is a very fascinating character with Russian ties, and we are going to see some of his ties with Violet (Maggie Smith) made clear.
5. Do you like Simon Bricker as a character? This is his most important episode of the season for him, as he gets closer to Cora (Elizabeth McGovern).