Here’s one of the interesting things with “Rising Star” right now. Early on, the show was using its unique audition process as one of its calling cards to convince people to watch. There had never been a show that chose to do auditions quite like this, so of course the live component was interesting and exciting.
However, is anyone else as shocked as we are now that the show is already moving forward past it? Sunday night is the last audition show, and we’ve got a group of people below who will be trying to impress to the show’s most-likely increasingly-smaller audience.
- Audrey Kate Geiger, 24, New York, NY
- Cliff Cody, 39, Perry County, OH
- Dana Williams, 24, Los Angeles, CA
- Gabrielle Nicole, 20, Cleveland, OH
- Karen Hornsby, 36, Jacksonville, FL
- Morgan Higgins, 16, San Clemente, CA
- OhMG (Gabby Puyat, 20 and Michael Dunn, 25), Los Angeles, CA
- Skye Griffin, 26, Houston, TX
- TX3 (Lance, Miles and Jordan Tindall), 23, Chester, IL
- Unselfish (Kevin Taylor, 23; Brandon Jackson, 23; Anthony Frazier, 25; Antwan Jackson 24), Atlanta, GA
We’re surprised that there are so many new singers on this show, and not people that we have seen and heard on “American Idol,” “The Voice,” or somewhere else. This was probably intentional on the part of producers to not make it look like they were getting the sloppy seconds of another show out there.
Still, this will be interesting to see who from this crowd is good enough to advance, given that there are a few groups in here, and most of these have done terribly on the show so far. It’s just so hard to battle the nerves and perform well in a group setting, especially when your very first TV performance happens to be in front of the entire country.
The show did manage to improve last week, so let’s just hope that the tradition continues this time around. If nothing else, Josh Groban is an awesome host.
For some more TV updates now worth singing about, sign up for our CarterMatt Newsletter.