Last night, the “How I Met Your Mother” cast reassembled (they are already through with filming the show) for PaleyFest, and while the series finale coming up may be extremely guarded, there are still a few other isolated details that can be handed down in terms of what to expect.
So without further ado here, let’s dive in to some of the teasers since there is so much in the way of good stuff to discuss:
1. For one, Cristin Milioti teased that her final scene of the show was actually the same scene that she read a year ago for her audition as the character.
2. Creators Carter Bays and Craig Thomas have not forgotten about the final slap, saying that it will in fact happen at some point. The point of discussion is just when it will take place.
3. As for musical numbers, there will not be any more of those.
4. There were special Kleenex made up for the final episode for the cast and crew, and they bore one of the show’s most famous quotes (“no questions asked”) to go along with a longer message.
5. Neil Patrick Harris, who was via satellite in New York, said that Barney and Robin’s vows were one of the highlights of the final season for him.
6. Panel moderator Wayne Brady actually asked about the “dead Mother” theories that are out there, but neither Bays nor Thomas would confirm or deny anything.
7. There is a scene at the end of Monday’s “Gary Blauman” that is extremely special, just in case anyone out there was afraid that this was a throwaway. (It’s okay if you were, since we are right there with you.)
All in all, we are somehow even more excited for this episode to air than we were previously … and we were pretty darn excited for it to come on the air then. If you want to get some more great scoop from us sent right to your email, be sure to sign up for our CarterMatt Newsletter today.