With the final season of “Pretty Little Liars” coming to Freeform a little bit later this year, show creator Marlene King took advantage of an opportunity to do a Q&A session at the TCA Winter Press Tour on Tuesday; as a result of that, she and the show’s producers revealed a few welcome morsels on what is to come before we get to the end of the line.
1. Another time jump is coming – King noted this to the audience, which is a clear cause for some excitement given that this is something that will allow the show to be “edgy” and introduce some other twists into the mix. She attributed the network’s change from ABC Family to Freeform as something that gave them further freedom.
2. There will be a musical number – Fellow executive producer Oliver Goldstick noted that this is something he’s been trying to do with the show for a rather-long span of time, and he’s now thrilled that he had an opportunity to introduce something like this into the mix.
3. There will be romance – King called the final episodes a “love letter to the fans,” and suggested that several couples will be together … but declined to say who will be.
4. Clues to the endgame – Goldstick noted that the DiLaurentis family in one way or another is going to be essential to resolving the end of the story (it’s already been reported that Vanessa Ray will be coming back as Charlotte in some form before the end); meanwhile, King noted that the final episodes are about “a board game created by A.” We’re going to assume that this board game is not “Sorry.”
5. You will learn how the moms all got out of the basement – Clearly, the most pressing question of them all is going to be answered!
The final episodes of “Pretty Little Liars” will be airing on Freeform starting in April; hopefully, there will be many more teases and promos released by that time! Stay tuned for some of the latest…
Want to get some other news right now when it comes to “Pretty Little Liars”? Then just be sure to head over to the link here right now! (Photo: Freeform.)